Monday, November 10, 2008

And everyone is such a let down.

I skipped my class and rode my bike to the town library.
And then I borrowed Dreamland and Lirael.
I stopped by starbucks on the way back, placing it in my basket.
It spilled a little, but I asked them to put it in a bigger cup.
They have holiday cups now, the red ones with snowflakes on them,
and peppermint mocha and gingerbread flavors.
It reminds me of justin, and all of those december days.
And it reminded me of home,
and it reminded me of the bear hugs you gave,
and it reminded me of summer nights at the golf course
gazing out to see the infinite stars, coldly stare back at us.
And he had called, but I missed it.
Then when I began to read, I was she.
And now I have this emptiness in my heart.
I just want to read robert frost and drink tea.
Or be lulled into dreamland.


1 comment:

Lauren Ann said...

LIRAEL! I should revisit Garth Nix.