Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm actually quite bitter that my postsecret wasn't posted in time to show him. It read "Summer is almost here, and its breaking my heart because you'll be gone." Everything has changed; it feels so strange going back and rereading all of those posts where my heart was so full of angst and pain and love and joy. And all of those feelings, and they fade, and they come again, and they fade. And I reread the notes we wrote to one another. And I wonder, will you reread that letter I wrote you? And will you remember me? or will I fade, like every other girl that had the misery of passing you by. Let me blend in with the fabrications of your past, just like old stories, past lovers, missed opportunities. Don't forget, don't forget me when you're holding her tightly, kissing her forehead like you did mine, or brushing her hair behind her ears. Is it my voice that you hear when she speaks? Is it my touch that you wish for? Is it my lips you're kissing? I've accepted that good things don't last forever, I've accepted that you're gone. I can't accept that I'm gone though.

2 comments:

christine s. said...

if i had super powers that allowed me to fly, i'd fly over there right now and hug you (and punch him) but mainly hug you. ok, well, realistically, i probably can't see myself punching him... how about sending him a very strongly worded letter? well, realistically, i wouldn't have super powers that allowed me to fly.

......

point is,
HUG!!!! you'll be all right. good things do last, i promise. you will find the most perfect guy for you and for you alone and he will wash away all the pain you've gone through. God surely has a most wonderful person for you. a most wonderful person for a most wonderful friend of mine.

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

christine s. said...

totoro is there to hug you in my place. :D