Wednesday, December 17, 2008

hit&run

Tell me, is this a dream? Just make a wish, and everything comes true. Promise me you'll be here on new years eve so that we can clink our glasses to the sound of screams and drunken kisses. Disappointment always saturates my bones like sitting in a tub for too long, then you pull out your fingers that look wrinkled and old, because you realize that you've waited to long and now you've grown old. Let me shake it off, let me shake it off; because the snows caught on my eyelashes and tongue. Our little fingers and toes are like ice cubes and we warm them by the fire as soon as we hang our wet scarves and hats. Its snowing in Boston, and its snowing in California. Sometimes I feel like they mimic each other.

Mais la vie sépare ceux qui s'aiment,
Tout doucement, sans faire de bruit
Et la mer efface sur le sable
Les pas des amants désunis.

No comments: